Better than Clean

by This is Carrie on October 10, 2008

While I have been trying to “green” my cleaning supplies, Soft Scrub with bleach is going to be hanging around the house still as my new favorite freezer paper “paint”. On a dyed shirt, the results are better than just clean.

Pink Dogwood October 10, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Really??!! I must see pictures of this. Will you post one?

dana October 10, 2008 at 4:40 pm

you use the softscrub in the place of paint? Or to bleach things out on the fabric? I’d love to see what you’re talking about.

K, M & little C October 10, 2008 at 4:40 pm

No way! That is wild. I’m going to have to try this. Do you do it the same way as stencil paint, using a sponge to apply?

K, M & little C October 10, 2008 at 4:40 pm

marian October 10, 2008 at 6:35 pm

yes, I agree, we need pictures, I need to know what you’re doing here!! I have three shirts waiting here for some attention, so I’d love to see this idea.

Mommymita October 10, 2008 at 7:53 pm

can’t wait to see a picture. How long to you let it sit before it eats through the fibers?

Kage October 10, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Oh yeah, I had nice pink spots all over my new blue towels, one week into my marriage..which is why soft scrub with bleach has been BANISHED from my house ever since…

TftCarrie October 11, 2008 at 12:30 am

I wanted to see who would be the first one to just experiment!

Until I get some photos up, here are the answers to the questions – yes, I apply it with a sponge brush just like fabric paint. As for timing, the thickness of the fabric is a factor, because like MOmmymita said, it can start eating away the fibers.
It really doesn’t take much time at all – seconds really.

It works best on dark colors-either dyed yourself or factory dyed – and natural fibers. You never quite know what color will be left when the dark color is lifted so it is always an experiment!

Until I can get some photos up, experiment away!

And BTW, if you are reading this Chelsea, please leave a link to Sara’s blog – the wonder woman who taught us the magic of Soft Scrub.

And Kage – you gotta let the stuff work for you, not against you!

The Facks of Life October 11, 2008 at 3:29 am

Wow! I’m gunna try this…what a great idea.