Generally speaking, I don’t do giveaways on my blog. But, when Sarah, co-author of Run Like a Mother, asked if I’d like ot host a giveaway after I gushed about her book in my “Favorite Things Running Montage” and stumbled upon the awesome RLAM community on their blog and on Facebook, it was hard to refuse. Since I was already going to give away one of my favorite running things, I decided to ask a few other companies if they’d like to get on board so I could giveaway a ton of my favorite running things. I’m thrilled to say I’ve got everything but the Chariot Jogger/bike trailer here for you (wouldn’t that have been amazing). It’s a prize package worth more than $200!
1. Run Like a Mother – the book. It’s funny, it’s motivational and it’s full of super helpful tips for moms who run. It’s totally nightstand material for any mama who runs.
2. A Run Like a Mother (the book) witty running shirt. You choose the saying. Personally, I like the one that says “Are my kids still chasing me?” And after my recent battle with the Baby Blues, “The more I run, the less I want to run away” is especially poignant. Which would you choose?
3. Pair of pink Yurbuds – I don’t know what it is about my ears, but I could never find a pair of earbuds that would stay put while running, until Todd got me a pair of Yurbuds. They are personally sized and they totally work. In fact, at the end of a run, when I go to pull them out, I often yank the earphone out while the bud piece stays put inside my ear.
4. A collection of Nuun Hydration & U-Hydration tablets in Tri-berry, Citrus Fruit, Goji berry GreenTea & Tangerine Ginger flavors & two Nuun water bottles. I love Nuun for the electrolyte replacement I desperately need while running & the delicious, light, flavors encourages me to drink enough to keep properly hydrated which, as a breastfeeding-mother-runner, is uber important to me.
5. Four rolls of KT Tape. You choose the colors. This stuff has gotten me through numerous running injuries from shin splints to ankle pain to an achilles strain. And because I don’t really know how kinesiology works, I’ll just say it’s magic.
6. A Sparkle Athletic running skirt in your favorite color. I NEVER wear anything glittered or rhinestoned in real life, but I HAVE to sparkle when I run. It’ll take your race to a whole new level. I promise.
7. A Words to Sweat By towel & keychain. No matter your athletic leanings (even Zumba), there’s a towel ready to motivate you to sweat and mop it up afterwards. My favorite: “No Excuses.” Reminds me of the mantra I say when I come up with excuses: “But it doesn’t matter.”
8. A Bondi Band – I picked up my first Bondi Band at the San Diego Marathon Expo. At 16 weeks pregnant and getting ready to run my second marathon, when I saw the one that said “Run Like a M*ther” I was sold. Not only do they make a statement, their wicking fabric keeps hair and sweat out of your eyes. No matter what your sport (spinning to snowboarding) or your cause (cancer to cupcakes) there is a Bondi Band made just for you.
To enter, leave a comment below. For one extra entry, “Like” Run Like a Mother the book on Facebook and leave a separate comment. You’ll be glad you did. (If you already “like” RLAM on facebook, it counts! Just make a separate comment stating so)
U.S. Addresses only. Giveaway will close at 12 midnight EST on Friday, March 4.
The small print: Maximum of two entries per person. Additional enteries will result in disqualification. Winner will be selected using a random number generator and will be announced on Saturday, March 5. Winner will also be contacted by e-mail. If the winner does not respond within 4 days, a new winner will be chosen. Prizes will be shipped straight from each business to the winner.
LEGAL NOTICE: Please do not mistake my endorsement of “Run Like a M*ther” the book or my affection towards headbands that encourage women to “Run Like a M*ther” or my love for women who “Run like M*thers” as an endorsement of “Run Like a Mother” the Race. While I will always run like a m*ther because I run and I am a mother, I will henceforth vanquish the phrase “Run like a M*ther” from my vocabulary as to not confuse my awesomeness as someone who “runs like a m*ther” with the trademarked race, “Run Like a Mother”. A race that I will NEVER do.