Making Stuff: Baby Gown {Concert T-shirt Refashion}

by This is Carrie on May 16, 2012

I have a new little niece who’s been really fun to sew for.  We are already indoctrinating her to her parent’s country lovin’ ways with a Rockin’ Baby Gown” made from an old George Strait concert T.  Unlike baby shoes, it’s super cute and practical at the same time.

(to “girlify” the pattern a bit, I added an upper puff piece to the sleeve)

Find the tutorial for the Rockin’ Baby Gown HERE.

Jocelyn May 17, 2012 at 7:25 am

So cute! I love George Strait too so that makes it even better :)

Ash P May 17, 2012 at 11:28 am

I love it!! The puff adds the perfect touch of girly. I tried to make a shirt from your tutorial using new jersey fabric and I had the most difficult time sewing the neck. I’ve never sewn with jersey before, do you have any suggestions?

renee August 23, 2012 at 8:58 am

how do I print the actual pattern pieces

this is carrie

Click on the tutorial link in the post above. In that post you’ll have to click on the “tutorial” link again and in that post there is a place to download the pattern.

kathy January 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Do you sell these George Strait baby gowns? i want one

This is Carrie

Sorry! I just happened to have a George Strait concert t shirt laying around!

Aly July 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Hi, I LOVE your stuff! I’m just now getting into sewing things other than pillowcases with my moms singer sewing machine from the 60/70′s. I was wondering what sewing machine you use and which one would you recommend for beginner projects. I intend to take on bigger projects so I’d be interested in getting a machine that is user friendly but that will also last me a LONGTIME!thanks for your input! -aly

Carol October 1, 2013 at 4:18 am

Love your site, especially the Re-Fashioned things. I love creating new from old. I will defiantly be making some of these baby bags from t shirts..

Thanks for sharing!