During my trip to NYC and the Lion Brand Yarn Studio last fall, I learned how to dye yarn (and my fingers) with Sharpie markers. It’s such a fun an easy way to enter the wide world of yarn dyeing and a perfect summer project.
1. Color onto the blank using colored sharpie markers. I decided to do a variegated stripe.
2. Spray with water or with Isopropyl rubbing alcohol (%91) so that the ink starts to bleed.
3. Using an iron on maximum setting, heat set each section for 3-4 minutes.
4. Unravel the blank and wrap into a ball
5. Make a project! (I haven’t quite gotten to this step yet.
Thanks to the girls at Lion Brand Yarn for teaching me a fun, new technique!