Thrift stores can be a fickle bunch; great one week and terrible the next. With the turnover and the infinite possibilities of stock sources, you never know what treasures you’ll find. There’s also that chance you could leave empty handed wondering what all the fuss was about. All that aside, if you haven’t checked out these 12 Orange County(ish) Thrift Stores, they’re definitely worth the look.
1. Rewear Warehouse (Anaheim) – My Favorite thrift store in all of Orange County. If clothing is your thing, you’re going to be in love. So many cheap treasures to be found downstairs and the entire upstairs is filled with amazing vintage finds at fab prices. And don’t even get me started about the great sales. Check out their latest ongoing deal HERE. It’s unbeatable way to get 75% off your entire purchase.
2.Savers (2 locations in OC) When it comes to chain thrift stores, Savers is the best there is. So organized and filled with great things. I’ve been to Savers stores in three states and have never been disappointed. They always seem to have a great supply of crafting items, sewing patterns, crocheted doiles, and vintage linens. My kids love it because they always have a ton of kids books (.69 each & buy 4 get one free).
3. Lutheran High Thrift Shop (Orange): This place is on the small side but I always seem to find great stuff: dishes, sewing patterns, vintage linens, cool toys, jewelry and furniture. Their kids books are priced to sell (.10-.30 a piece).
4. South Street Thrift Center (Long Beach): This place is huge, so prepare to dig for the treasures, and remember to bring cash.
5. Grateful Hearts Thrift Redefined (Los Alamitos): If thrift store shopping is new to you, this store is a great place to get your feet wet. It’s clean, well organized and dare I say cute?
6. Goodwill (19 stores in 11 Orange County cities): I’ve had great luck at the one in Lake Forest and the one on Grand in Santa Ana. Picked up all the cashmere sweaters I needed for a baby blanket project when I expected to have to hit 2 or 3 stores.
7. Salvation Army (12 locations throughout Orange County): The Orange location is just down the street from the Lutheran High Thrift Shop so if you’re doing a day of thrifting in Orange, you’ll definitely want to pop in.
8. Lincoln Thrift Store (Anaheim): A little on the grungy side, but great prices on everything from clothes to nick nacks to books to furniture.
10. The Sheepfold Thrift Store (Orange): As one of three thrift stores in the same shopping center, you can plan an entire day of thrift shopping without even moving your car.
11. Family Thrift (Orange): In the same Orange shopping center, as The Sheepfold Thrift Store, another thrift store that you’ll definitely want to check out.
12. Rags to Riches (Costa Mesa): This place is a little pricier than the average thrift store, but they are also pickier with what they stock. If you’re looking for name brands and good quality second hand clothing and accessories, you’ve come to the right place.