Making Stuff: Saturn Model

by This is Carrie on November 12, 2010

Princess completed her first (and definitely not last) school report this week which included research, a short paper, an oral presentation and a visual aide.  The subject?

Saturn.

Using a styrofoam ball, a thrifted LP (The Osmonds if you must know), paint, sand, and glitter, she put together a beautiful model of Saturn depicting it’s yellowish, brownish color and rings made of rocks and ice particles.

KathiD November 16, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Nice model!

That reminds me of one of my 3rd grade projects–we made the solar system with papier-mache formed over blown-up balloons.

ghandi
Twitter:
Reply:

can i make saturn with this method???

ghandi
Twitter:
February 20, 2013 at 2:02 am

this is useless

ghandi
Twitter:
February 20, 2013 at 2:04 am

a load of crap this did not help me to build a model of Saturn with a diameter of 30 cm

Kd Reply:

WOW! I am disgusted!! What an insensitive JERK you are! I’m saddened that you took the time to judge, ridicule, and hurt a child. She is in third grade! I sincerely hope that you don’t, and never will, have children…… if this is any indication of the kind of person you are. Maybe you had a bad day? i don’t know the circumstances, although there is NEVER an acceptable time to be downright cruel. Ever heard of This little girl deserves a huge appology. But you probably aren’t man enough to sink to that level. You are the kind of person to hide behind a computer to make hurtful comments to people/children.

On another note, I am currently helping my first grader do a Saturn project and we will definitely be taking some ideas from this. I think that her project was excellent and thankful we found it.

Kd Reply:

something happened to the rest of the sentence: Ever heard of the saying “If you don’t have something nice to say……”

Gabby February 22, 2013 at 8:08 am

We used this we loved it it turned out awesome for my 3rd graders project ! Thank u !!

brigan November 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I need a disk… no more yelling kd who ever you are.