Before I cut into my beautiful Anna Sui eyelet fabric from Mood Designer Fabrics, I knew I needed to test my self-made dress pattern.
I didn’t want to make the sample dress from muslin…you know…just in case it turned out great. A piece of lightweight, printed cotton from the stash was just what I needed.
I worked out a few kinks in the construction process and decided the bodice was a little too full.
Making practice garments in something new to my sewing habits (I’ve been more of an instant gratification kind of sewer the past few years). But, each time, the practice has proven invaluable to creating a more perfect and less frustrating final piece. When you work with gorgeous fabrics, the extra time is worth the trouble before you cut into the good stuff. You must check out the finished product over at the Mood Sewing Network blog: Anna Sui eyelet baptism dress.